Wednesday, September 11, 2013

PR&P Sew Along : Challenge #1 Pattern Remix TIMES TWO!!

For those of you visiting my blog...I thought I would start fresh by once again sewing along with Project Run and Play. This season sounds fast and exciting. Only four weeks of challenges! You can visit the PR&P blog by clicking on the ad on the right hand side of my blog. They have some great links to other exciting sewing blogs as well. This first weeks challenge was a Pattern Remix of Oliver + S free pattern called "Popover Sundress" which also includes a cute matching doll dress with it. (Visit this link for the free pattern.) My mind went spinning when I looked at the pattern...so open to possibilities. I thought of several but decided to do only two of my ideas for this remix. I also had a few yards of a new Riley Blake material called "Hoo's in the forest". The material is a red and green apple which looks perfect for our "Fall" season here in Florida. My other materials were a red cotton from Joann Fabrics and a vintage swiss dot material. ("Swiss Dots" were 1970's to 1980's. The dots are of a white flocked material so they actually bump out from the rest of the material.) The first idea was a cute basic skirt with pockets! I also made a plain white T-shirt and decided to do a handmade "screenprint" from freezer paper.
Now here are some detail shots of the pocket and the t-shirt stencil...
After that outfit, I also decided to do the traditionally look of ruffle pants and alter the dress by turning it into a blouse. I created a peasant sleeve but kept the originally ties to the top to make a unique look. The pants are a basic pattern for ruffle pants which you can find/download all over the internet in some shape or form. This outfit did better in pictures than the first...
And here are again is a detail shot of the top to show the straps and sleeves...
So first challenge finished. Movin on to the second challenge which has a candy theme. Check back then for Sew Much More!! Also good luck to all the contestants and all my sew along buddies. AKH

5 comments:

  1. And which did your model like best? I like the ruffled pants & the cute tunic.
    http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually she's a girly girl...so she loves the skirt but after getting pants on her, I think she likes both now! :)

      Delete
  2. That patterned fabric is lovely. It looks so nice with the polka dot straps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and green together!!!! ANd the fabrics are darling too. Lovely work!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete