Thursday, September 26, 2013

PR&P Mad for Plaid Challenge : Mod Plaid Outfit

Hello all. I hope you are enjoying this season of Project Run and Play as much as I am. This is the third week of competition and there are a lot of us sewing along as well. The challenge this week was "Mad for Plaid". The theme goes right along with fall weather, but here in Florida we still have sunshine and hot/mild weather. There is only one month out of an entire year that we wear wool coats with mittens!! So I decided not to use wool or heavy material. For this challenge I choose something soft, cozy and warm for our neck of the woods. I used a plaid flannel and a navy knit. I call the look Mod Plaid because of the color blocking. I also did design the top and the insert of the leggings. Otherwise, I used a Kwik Sew knit pant pattern for the bottoms. Here is the finished look:
Sew I hope you all enjoyed this challenge. Next week is signature week and I'm still debating if I want to sew along or get back to some other things I am working on. But please come back Sew Hungry For More...AKH

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute outfit! I love the colors and the insert on her leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so darling and so comfortable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dress! I love the setting too. It looks positively idyllic.

    ReplyDelete