Sunday, February 16, 2014

When in "who-ville":

Ok, so I'm back on my sewing blog and I'm sorry for some of you that it has been a while since I posted. Life has moved fast. We remodeled a home and have finally moved in...more of that posting later. But for now, I thought I would share with you our Dr. Seuss looks. I homeschool my oldest daughter who is in kindergarden. She is learning to read and LOVES Dr. Seuss books. We found out that our local school teacher supply store was celebrating his birthday a week early and thought it would be neat to take the girls. I also had some material that has been sitting around over a year and finally decided to whip up something whimsical enough to be in "who-ville". Now granted, I didn't do all the hair and accessories (even though I did buy ribbon and what not!) but I do think it turned out nice enough.
As you can see, the backdrop was AWESOME!! School Aids did a wonderful job at making it a neat place to celebrate and play some Seuss games.
My daughters loved being "thing 1" and "thing 2" and we found it funny that the cupcakes had toppers to match their t-shirts! (Material purchased on Etsy, T-shirt knit is Joann Fabrics, Embroidery design was purchased on Etsy, T-shirt was altered Kwik Sew pattern and skirt was altered Modkid pattern by Patty Young.) Well I hope you had a fun time looking at these pictures. I still have fabric left over to do some library book totes. (Hmm, hoping that material won't set around for a year! haha.) Sew happy sewing and come back...Sew Hungry For More. Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment