Thursday, February 7, 2013

PR&P Sew Along: Men's Shirt remake

Wow, this week has really flown...  I decided to do some work for an attorney I know (I used to be a paralegal) and I got behind in my sewing.  However, I did pull it together here on the last day with my husband's support.   Honey, I couldn't have done it if you didn't watch the kids last night!!  :)

So here it is....in all it's glory...haha.  My shirt re-make was a simple thing.  I looked through some of the previous bloggers stuff and wanted something different.   I had this vintage robe pattern I bought off etsy a while back... (Simplicity 6687)



And I had an idea...my daughter needed a robe...but she also needed a swimsuit cover up as swimming season is fast approaching here in Florida.  So I used the robe pattern to make a cover up since it was fitted and had no robe belt.   Here is the picture of everything cut out in pieces and ready to re-cut using the vintage pattern.



The back pattern piece cut from the back of the shirt.
 Length was shorter than actual robe pattern, but that was fine by me for a swimsuit cover-up.

Finished Product:

For the final touches, I just added some green lace and made my own turtle applique.   And I finished just in time....so give me some fin, noggin...DUDE!  (haha...Finding Nemo excerpt there)   It's simple, yet does the job and Daddy didn't mind me using the old shirt or watching the younglings.


Detail of appliques on front of cover-up.

Detail of lace for collar at top of cover-up.
Another shot of turtle...DUDE!  haha.

On another note...Why the Green?  My mother gave me some green bathing suit material and I had hoped to make a bathing suit as well but sadly that will have to wait for another week and probably another blog!!  Sew stay tuned and come back Sew Hungry For More....AKH.


Oh and don't forget the First Ever Sew Fab e-Pattern Sale!  Check out my other posting for information.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment