Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Ok so this is a new blog and I'm still figuring things out as far as the computer side of things.   I am going to expand my horizons this month and next year January 2013 by posting some sewing tutorials as well as pictures.   In the meantime, here is a submission for Project Run and Play (and soon to be tutorial) on my girls thanksgiving dresses.  I will also see if I can find a picture of a similar dress I did for my eldest girl in Christmas material a few years back.   I'm hoping the pictures show the details I place in sewing and inspire some different techniques for other sewing buds.   Happy Holidays....Enjoy.  AK




Too cute for words!!!   My little blessings....



I made both dresses with a mix of materials...knit, cotton and some vintage lace to ad a touch to the hem.  As you can tell the orange knit does not match exactly.  My inspiration came from a hand me down orange t-shirt given to my daughter.   I had some of the cottons lying around and then added others from different sources.

I also used an online tutorial found here: http://makeanddogirl.com/2011/11/felt-flower-tutorial-in-action/ on the felt flower and simply made it a removable pin.  This allows it to be removed when washing the dresses or when they are eating and going to make a mess.

As I stated I will have a tutorial soon on how to make this dress as well as the proportion for approximate sizes.  Sew be patient for sew much more.....AK