Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Ok so this is a new blog and I'm still figuring things out as far as the computer side of things.   I am going to expand my horizons this month and next year January 2013 by posting some sewing tutorials as well as pictures.   In the meantime, here is a submission for Project Run and Play (and soon to be tutorial) on my girls thanksgiving dresses.  I will also see if I can find a picture of a similar dress I did for my eldest girl in Christmas material a few years back.   I'm hoping the pictures show the details I place in sewing and inspire some different techniques for other sewing buds.   Happy Holidays....Enjoy.  AK




Too cute for words!!!   My little blessings....



I made both dresses with a mix of materials...knit, cotton and some vintage lace to ad a touch to the hem.  As you can tell the orange knit does not match exactly.  My inspiration came from a hand me down orange t-shirt given to my daughter.   I had some of the cottons lying around and then added others from different sources.

I also used an online tutorial found here: http://makeanddogirl.com/2011/11/felt-flower-tutorial-in-action/ on the felt flower and simply made it a removable pin.  This allows it to be removed when washing the dresses or when they are eating and going to make a mess.

As I stated I will have a tutorial soon on how to make this dress as well as the proportion for approximate sizes.  Sew be patient for sew much more.....AK

4 comments:

  1. really really cute! Both the dresses and the girls :o) I came over the check out my run and play competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute dresses! Is that shirring on the littlest one's dress top? So darling. Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the fabrics in the skirt....that is a lot of work! I bet your girls are loving them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dresses are beautiful! And the girls are precious!!

    ReplyDelete