Friday, September 27, 2013

On the Cutting Board...

Today was a great inspiration for me. I attended the annual Quilt Fest in Jacksonville, Florida. (For more info click here.) It's "Sew" neat to see all the vendors, the fabrics and THE QUILTS! My Grandmother was a quilter til her 80's and I can remember the hours of hand quilting she would sit and sew during the snowy season up north. But wow, have we come a long way...stamping fabric, dying fabric, applique, beading, attaching beads and iron on crystals. I'm sure there's more but that's just the half of what we are now doing in quilting. It's just amazing all the possibilities. Sew anyhow, I did buy some fabric. I also came home to match up some stash fabric for some of my possibilities. Here's a sneak peak:
This was purchased at the quilt fair from Loose Threads Quilting and Sewing Center out of Harriman, TN, USA. (Here is a link to their store.)
The teal colored fabrics are "Blank Quilting" from a local quilt shop called Country Crossroads. The brown cordoroy is from my stash bin.
This is Zebra Cordoroy from Joann Fabrics and a new Robert Kaufmann fabric from Paula's Fine Fabrics here locally as well.
Riley Blake's Unicorn material, glitter stretch Cordoroy from Joann Fabrics and another stashed knit of mine. Sew, I'm excited. This will make 4 new outfits for the girls. I'm just trying to decide what for which one and which design...ahh, the possibilities are endless. Sew, what are you working on?? Have any favorite fabrics for this fall or winter? I'd love to hear from you.... Until then stay tuned and come back Sew Hungry For More! AKH

No comments:

Post a Comment